The AbilityOne Federal Contracts provide unique vocational training and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities through the AbilityOne program.
AbilityOne Products Contracts:
JSLC Enterprises produces several AbilityOne Products that are on the Federal Procurement List including; GSA Military tags and folders.
AbilityOne Services Contracts:
JSLC Enterprises operates several AbilityOne Janitorial and Grounds Services Contracts across Northern NY; and a Central Issue Facility Services Contract at Fort Drum, NY.
- Fort Drum Central Issue Facility Contract (CIF); Fort Drum, NY
The Central Issue Facility (CIF) manages five warehouses for property accountability with an inventory of over 74 million dollars. The CIF also controls over 126 million dollars of clothing and equipment issued to 8,700 soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division.
- Fort Drum Custodial Contract; Fort Drum, NY
The Ft. Drum Custodial contract provides janitorial services to over 100 facilities on Fort Drum that represent over 53 million square feet cleaned annually with an additional 4.5 million square feet cleaned annually in call-out services. In addition to providing janitorial services on this contract, The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence also provides recycling services through the single stream program on Fort Drum.
- Department of Homeland Security Border Patrol Station; Massena, NY
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Border Patrol contract provides janitorial services and recycling for the Border Patrol Station. The US Customs and Border Patrol is responsible for 38 miles of International Border with Canada, 33 miles of which consists of the St Lawrence Seaway, and 5 miles of which is the first section of land border east of the Great Lakes.
- General Services Administration Janitorial and Grounds Services Contracts; Northern NY
Massena Land Port of Entry Border Station
The LPOE Station is located on the northern tip of New York State and shares a border with the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec. The Rooseveltown station is within 100 miles of Montreal (the second largest city in Canada) and Ottawa (Canada’s capitol city.) This contract operates seven days a week and includes janitorial, grounds, snow removal, recycling and pest control services.
Robert C. McEwen U.S. Custom House
The Ogdensburg U.S. Custom House is the oldest Federal building still occupied and used by the government in the continental United States, and is of historic significance for this reason. The building was constructed in 1810 and is closely linked to the development of Ogdensburg and shipping along the St. Lawrence River.
Wellesley Island Land Port of Entry Border Station
This contract provides janitorial services and grounds maintenance to the United States Port Authority at Wellesley Island. The other recurring services performed on this contract consist of ice and snow removal, recycling, and pest management. This contract operates seven days a week.
- Employs more than 42,000 people who are blind or have significant disabilities, including more than 3,200 veterans.
- Operates nationwide with approximately 500 nonprofit agencies working at more than 1,000 locations representing 40 government agencies.
- Supplies more than $2.3 billion in products and services annually to DoD, the largest customer of the AbilityOne Program.
- Provides custodial services and commissary shelf-stocking to the Federal Government.
- Federal Government buyers of AbilityOne products or services on the Procurement List should follow the policies and procedures in Federal Acquisition Regulation Subpart 8.7.
The AbilityOne® Program is among the largest sources of employment in the United States for individuals who have visual impairment or significant disabilities. Established in 1938, the program is administered by the U.S. AbilityOne Commission®, an independent Federal agency. The Commission has designated National Industries for the Blind and SourceAmerica® as the central nonprofit agencies facilitating the program.
- Partnering with JSLC Enterprises and the AbilityOne Program makes your products more accessible to government buyers.
- The objective of the AbilityOne Program is to create employment opportunities for people with significant disabilities by securing Federal contracts for its network of community-based, nonprofit agencies.
- It’s also a way to help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve independence and earn wages, enabling them to reduce their dependence on government support programs.