Saturday, September 14, 2019
Registration at 9:00am at Canton Village Park.
Walk at 10:00am
About the Walk
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence's Autism Awareness walk is a non-competitive walk to promote Autism Awareness, as well as raise funds to support the local programs for people with Autism. This year walk will be hosted by WWNY-TV news anchor Jeff Cole!
There is NO MINIMUM ENTRY FEE! Everyone is welcome to attend. However, t-shirts will be given to registrants who raise $50 or more, while supplies last.
Gift bags will be given to the first 350 to register at the walk!
See Opening Ceremony Video from last year's walk here.
See Closing Ceremony Video from last year's walk here.
Be a Book Character - Enter the Costume Contest!
Please download the Costume Contest Form at the end of this page.
- Entrants: Must have this form filled out completely and register at the judging station at the Walk by 10:00 a.m.
- G Rating: Costumes must be appropriate for all ages to qualify.
- Judging: Winners will be announced after the walk.
- For more info, please call (315) 386-3529.
A prize will also be awarded to the Best Overall Book Character(s) within each Entry Category and Age Group, based on the best fulfillment of the Judging Criteria.
- Tying in Autism Awareness to Book Characters: How will you tie Autism Awareness into your costume – perhaps adding puzzle pieces to your costume?
- Enthusiasm: Energy and intensity. Example - If your character is fun-loving, be bouncy and gleeful!
- Imagination: Shows a non-traditional approach and uniqueness in design and theme.
- Originality: Give a new, fresh, or unique perspective take on an existing Book Character.
Enter the 2019 Flag Contest!
Please download the Flag Contest Form at the end of this page.
Create an Autism awareness flag and bring it to the walk to help us raise support for community members with Autism.
- Size: min of 1’ x 2’ and max of 3’x 4’
- Teams: Contest is open to teams of three or more people
- Entry: One entry per team, please
- Theme: Autism Awareness & Book Characters
- The Back of Your Flag: Must include the this form filled out completely or Team Name, Team Leader’s Name, E-mail, and Phone Number
- G Rating: Flags must contain appropriate language to qualify
- To enter: Flags must be brought to the registration area by 10:00am
- Judging: Will take place on location, and the winners will be announced after the walk
- For more info, please call (315) 386-3529
A prize will be awarded for each of the following categories:
- Best Overall: Based on the best fulfillment of the Judging Criteria
- Most Original: New, Fresh, or a unique perspective
- Most Creative: Shows a non-traditional approach and uniqueness in design and theme
- Design: Composition, the artistic appeal of the flag
- Clarity: How well/easily the message is understood
- Enhances Public Awareness: Does the flag positively promote Autism Awareness in the community?
About Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a range of complex neurodevelopment disorders, characterized by social impairments, communication difficulties, and restricted, repetitive, and stereotyped patterns of behavior.
- In the U.S. 1 in 189 girls and 1 in 42 boys are being diagnosed with ASD.
- Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disability.
Find out about The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence's Children & Youth Services.